Monday, November 24, 2008

Here we go!!!!

We started putting down Backer Board so we can lay our tile. We did this just after we got home Saturday from cleaning the church.


Corey moved the woodburning stove by himself. I tried to help but it was too heavy for me. He was so smart they way he did it and it worked out great. He is stronger than I thought!






After the stove was out of the way we started pulling up the rock work. It was hard work and alot of the rocks were very heavy. I pulled out and Corey took the stuff outside. We make a great team!




Corey is cleaning up the last little bit....ok there was more than just alittle bit!







The rocks, carpet, pad and tack strip are all gone. Time to lay Backer Board.
We decided to only pull out what we could finish with Backer Board because I am worred the children will get slivers. So that is why we only have alittle done.
We did end up getting the whole North side of the livingroom ready all the way to the kitchen.

Corey is just fixing up the top stair with Backer Board. This is all we got done Saturday. This much took us 4 hours to do. We will be doing the hall way Monday and hopefully part of the kitchen too. We will see.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

So, I'm confused. Are you tiling from the front door to the hallway and kitchen, or from the stove past the back door into the kitchen and down the hallway?

I have to tell you that I've always loved that rock hearth!

Shanna said...

I am tiling from the woodstove to the backdoor then into the kitchen, dinning room and down the hall.
That Hearth was pretty but I couln't keep it clean and the spiders were everywhere.
It was just time to fix it for the better.