Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Canning

Well I spent 5 hours at my mother-in-laws house yesterday bottling pears. It was fun because I got to visit with her and my sister-in-law Jennifer for awhile. I enjoy learning how to bottle things and this year so far I have bottled 3 quarts of fresh salsa, 20 quarts of peaches (more to get done still I hope) and then yesterday we did 47 quarts of pears. It was a lot of fun and the kids love the fruit come winter mornings.

Got my new scentsy stuff from Mariah last night and today so far I have gotten my house clean.
Outside is cool and all the windows are open in my house today. I can smell the fresh cut alfalfa that my father-in-law is cutting right now out in the back field and it smells sooooo good!!!

Getting ready to go to school and have to still figure out what is going on with my funding. I need to call around and get some answers. Hope you are all doing well, thought that I would update everything.

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

You've always been a great susie homemaker! I'm glad I'll have someone to rely on when Mom passes on {hopefully that won't be for a long time}!

Shanna said...

LOL don't count on me to much I may end up killing my family because I did it all wrong. You just never know ;)