Today my best friend Jamie called me on the phone and told me that she was at WalMart and found some Puppies that someone left on the lawn and she didn't know what to do. I told her she had to get them and bring them home. She was worried that if she did her husband would be upset that she had added to their home by three new members. I told her that she had to bring them to my house then but that she couldn't leave them there.
She called me and told me that she had the cute puppies but they weren't all that little. I knew that I couldn't keep the three puppies and I needed to find homes for them before my children knew that we had them or they would become too attached. So I called a good friend of mine about them. She works with an animal group that won't kill but adopt out. She said the best thing that I could do right then was to take them to the animal shelter. I was worried about doing that because I didn't want them put down. So i decided to call them and see what the policy was at this point on puppies.
To my surprise they too work hard with puppies and other animals to get them adopted out and putting them down is a last ditch effort. So I told him who I was and the situation and he was very happy to take them. He is going to spay them, give them their shots and get them ready for adoption. They will hold them for a few days in case the owner clams them then off they go to a good home. I was so relieved. He said he would even let me know when they are placed.
I am so happy that there are people out there who care enough to help. It makes me sick to see animals dropped off and forgotten like they were disposable. The have life, they feel, to some they are best friends. I hope that we can all work harder at taking care of our responsibilities and be a little more compassionate to everyone and everything in our lives.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're so thoughtful about animals! I wouldn't put it past you to have your own animal shelter one day {an animal shelter NOT called a farm}.
LOL your funny. Corey feels like an animal shelter sometimes. I wanted to keep one of them so bad and can go back and get him Thursday and Corey said that would be ok but I know that he doesn't really want me to.
Post a Comment