SaturdayI can hardly believe that it is that time of year already but I am very greatful for it. I love the cool crisp air. You know the kind that hurts your nose when you are outside but it isn't so unbearable that you feel like a snowman.
Saturday brought such a fun surprise for the children. They have been waiting for over a month and they finally got their SNOW. They played for a while in it, then their warm 'summer' bodies got too cold and they had to come inside. The snow flurries came and went thoughout the day and was great. Keenan was so funny. He would get all ready to go outside but he needed his gloves, hat, scarf, coat, winter boots, 2 pair of pants and a few shirts (to keep warm) so he could be out for along time. By the time he was ready
the flurries were over and he was sad. So he got all undressed and looked outside and saw the snow start again....so he just hurried and got on his coat before he missed anymore.Brinley and Aislinn enjoying the snow but not going too far away from the house. I don't blame them....I never left the front porch!
One of my favorite pictures this week. I think we can all remember trying to catch snowflakes on our tounge. This is a classic!
A shot over looking Sunny's pasture. You can normally see mountians in the not too far distance. The storm was awesome!
Snow on the Virgina Creaper. I always love the first snow of the
season because it contrasts so much with the fall colors! It is great!
Sunday
I was cood all through church and chior practice. It was such a nice suprise to come home and find the house warm from our woodburning stove. I love the heat you get from a woodburing stove it is such a deep warmth and sooo comforting. I layed down on the couch and soaked up all the warmth I could. It has been so cold outside and the fire going inside now just proves that yes it is Fall. (As you can see even Kai and Keenan love the fireplace)






1 comment:
Those are the memories they will remember. Playing outside in the cold, cold snow and then coming in to the warmth of a fire that daddy built.
Post a Comment