Today while I was in our yard I was taken back to summer memories with on wiff of a very familur sent. The sweet smell mix in the hot dry air was unmistakeable and I went right away to my back yard to find what I thought was the cause of this enjoyable experience.....my Russian Olive tree is in full bloom. I love this tree....she sprang up one day as a volunteer and had done so well in its choosen location. I love the bright yellow flowers mix with the silver green leaves of the tree....if you have never smelled or seen this type of a tree in full bloom I invite you over to endulge in mine!Thursday, May 28, 2009
Summer Beauties
Today while I was in our yard I was taken back to summer memories with on wiff of a very familur sent. The sweet smell mix in the hot dry air was unmistakeable and I went right away to my back yard to find what I thought was the cause of this enjoyable experience.....my Russian Olive tree is in full bloom. I love this tree....she sprang up one day as a volunteer and had done so well in its choosen location. I love the bright yellow flowers mix with the silver green leaves of the tree....if you have never smelled or seen this type of a tree in full bloom I invite you over to endulge in mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I need to come up and enjoy your Russian Olive. Although most people around here think of them as nuisance weeds, I LOVE the smell of the tree. Your chives are gorgeous too. Spring is such a satisfying season....
I love my yard in the spring...everything looks fresh and new...its when the heat sets in that the real work begins
Post a Comment