Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today is a sad day for me as well as one of thanksgiving. This morning while I was on the church website I found out that Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away late night at 11:30. I know that he was an old man and served our Heavenly Father well but I can't help but have a sadness in my heart as I contemplate what his absence will mean for our church.

I am so thankful for worthy and honorable men like him that lead us today. They are such great examples to me and my husband. I often fall very short of what I should do but know that I can keep going even when things seem overwhelming.

I send my love to everyone who was touched in some way by this wonderful man and pray that his family will be comforted at this time.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

I'm so stupid. I just found out by watching the news tonight. If I'd scrolled down a little farther when I was checking your blog earlier I would've found out sooner.